RadiantREIT will be the first firm to apply the proven mortgage REIT model to the solar industry. Both developers of new projects and owners of existing solar assets looking to refinance can realize significant benefits with loans from RadiantREIT including:
- Enabling more solar project development by aligning debt terms with the asset’s operational life
- Lowering a project’s overall cost of capital and increasing the net operating income of a project, creating a higher loan-to-value ratio
- Better debt service coverage ratios
- Breaking the cycle of portfolio aggregation and providing developers with the option to maintain ownership of a project
- Ensuring positive cash flows over the lifetime of a solar project
- A one-stop shop for funding needs, including construction debt, tax equity and long-term mortgages.
A RadiantREIT case study of a 2.50-megawatt project illustrates how developers can double their profit if they move projects along the development process through construction. RadiantREIT eliminates capital constraints for developers to capture more value from long-term ownership.